According to statistics, in 2021, eCommerce website sales were $9.4 trillion, which was predicted to grow 50%, reaching $7.4 trillion by 2025. As a result, business owners are shifting their brick-and-mortar stores to online stores.
So, are you also planning to sell your products online and expand your business? If yes, you need an eCommerce website. If you have a conventional website, you can turn it into an online store.
Now, the question is: how do you add eCommerce to your website?
Traditionally, due to a lack of coding knowledge, business owners hired web developers to turn their existing websites into eCommerce websites. However, today even a person with no coding knowledge can create an online store. All they need is an online site builder tool.
What is an online site builder tool?
A website builder tool is a platform that allows business owners to add eCommerce functionality to their existing websites without having any coding knowledge.
It provides a unique HTML code which can be dragged and dropped to the existing coding part of a website. It has many customized templates that help the website build a professional look.
Various online site builder tools integrate a shopping cart into a website, allowing business owners to sell their products and services online. Adding eCommerce to your website with a website builder tool is simple and saves lots of time and effort.
How To Choose a Website Builder Tool?
Moreover, figuring out which tool is the best option to choose according to the different needs can be challenging, especially when you don’t know the benefits of it. So, here are some features that one should look for in an online site builder tool.
- Easy-to-use: An online site builder tool makes integrating a shopping cart into a website easy. Neither business owner has to invest in a tool, nor do they require training to learn how it works. Choosing one ensures that it has an intuitive, simple and user-friendly interface to match the required features.
- Variability: When choosing a website builder, check its flexibility. The best website builder tools will allow you to create a customized website without predefined templates or limited design options.
- Necessary features: Another important factor to consider is the necessary features to make the website professional looking. These features are contact forms, image galleries, eCommerce tools, and more.
- Responsive design: When choosing an online site builder tool, ensure that it arranges the design and the content as per the device and allows the development of a responsive website.
- SEO benefits: Look for a website builder that provides built-in SEO tools like keyword search, site maps etc., which will help the website to rank high in search engines.
- Rate: One of the important things to consider is pricing. Every online site builder tool has different price plans, so compare them and choose one according to the needs and budget.
- Customer support: Last but not least is to consider customer support. A good website builder will be available 24/7 through phone or live chat. So, if there is an issue or query, it can be solved immediately.
While looking for an online site builder tool, consider all the above features and start turning an existing website into an eCommerce website.
How to add an eCommerce website using an online site builder tool?
- Put on products: Create the product in the website dashboard, upload the images and connect the payment methods. The process of setting up the payment method is easy. Choose the options of the payment gateway and activate them.
- Drag and drop the code: Users must register on an online site builder tool after completing product creation and setting up payment gateways. Once done, drag and drop the unique HTML code they provided, turning an existing site into an eCommerce website.
- Ready to sell: As the unique code is embedded, the website is ready to accept orders. As a result, it will boost customer experience and ensure that customers don’t leave the web page just by scrolling through products and services.
The bottom line
Now that you know the features of an online site builder tool and the answer to the question- how to add an online shop to my website? So without wasting more time, start finding a suitable site builder to enable eCommerce functionality to your website to sell your products and services.