You’ve probably heard about Damon Salvatore, who is one of the two main male protagonists in the hit show The Vampire Diaries, somewhere on the internet, especially if you managed to read about Rule 34.
The thing is, there’s a lot more to know about Damon , who is a 178 year old vampire and a distant descendant of Silas, and in this blog, we are going to talk about him and every single thing that you need to know about the show so you can have a proper overview about them.
Who Is Damon Salvatore?
Salvatore is a fictional character in L.J. Smith’s novel series, which is known as The Vampire Diaries. The character is played by Ian Somerhalder, an actor, in the television series of the show. Damon is one of the main protagonists in the show along with Stefan Salvatore.
He is part of a love triangle between Stefan Salvatore and Katherine Pierce, who they met when they were still human beings. Years apart, they meet a mortal that looks like Katherine, but this time she is born as Elena Gilbert.
Elena and Stefan start dating in the beginning of the show, and in the later stages, she breaks up with Stefan after she realized she had feelings for Damon.
Damon Salvatore Early Life
He was born in Mystic Falls, which later became Virginia. He was born on June 18, 1839, and the name of his father is Giuseppe, who works as a businessman and a town council member. The name of Giuseppes wife is Lillian.
Damon is also the older brother of Stefan, who was born in 1846. The two had a legitimate brother by their father, but they died in the show because of unknown causes.
Throughout the childhood of Damon, he was abused by Giuseppe, who believed that he was teaching his son and thought that Damon was stealing money from him. But in reality, it was Lillian, his wife, that was planning to leave her abusive husband with her children but miserably failed.
After the death of Lillian, which is believed to be the result of tuberculosis or consumption, in 1858, Damon told Stefan that he would be writing the eulogy of their mother, however, he did not appear at the funeral.
Damon was forced by his father to join the Confederate Army, and in reality he hated every single thing that the army stood for at that time. He then left the army on his own, and was considered a coward by Giuseppe and the people of Mystic Falls.
When it came to family, Damon had a very troubled relationship with his father, but despite that, he was very close to Stefan, who he considered as his best friend and the companion in his life.
Throughout their growing up, they met Katherine Pierce, who was the sole reason why their relationship became strained. This happened as the two fought each other for the affections of Katherine.
After some years, Damon realized that Katherine was a vampire and at one point he even watched her kill those people that were traveling.
He then told Stefan not to tell Giuseppe because their father was a member of the local town council and was a known hater of vampires.
When Did Damon Become A Vampire?
He became a vampire in the year 1864.
He was born on June 18, 1839.
Damon Salvatore Vampire
He is one of the strongest vampires in the Vampire Diaries.
Stefan, his brother, has said multiple times that Damon can be very powerful when he is at full strength, however, he also notes that he is no match for older vampires, who are much more powerful and stronger.
In many battles in the show, Damon has shown and proved that he is a skilled fighter, powerful and is a strong match if placed against other powerful vampires.
Best Salvatore Quotes In The Vampire Diaries
Here are some of the best Quotes in The Vampire Diaries:
- “If you’re going to be bad, be bad with a purpose or else you’re not worth forgiving.”
- “I’ve been in love. It’s painful, pointless and overrated.”
- “Our life is one, big proverbial coin toss.”
- “I do not go behind people’s backs and torture them. I like my enemies to look me in the eye and see the depth of my rage.”
- “If I see something I haven’t seen before, I’ll throw a dollar at it.”
- “You know what? I don’t want her to be happy. I want her to be miserable, just like I am.”
- “Vampires can’t procreate. But we love to try.”
- “It’s cool not growing old. I like being the eternal stud.”
- “I like being a living dead person.”
- “It’s not wrong to hustle hustlers. It’s like killing murderers, a public service.”
- “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn about anyone else.”
- “I don’t trust easily, so when I tell you I trust you, don’t make me regret it.”
- “I’ll make you scream my name so loud that you’ll forget yours.”
- “You know what’s real? The way you felt for me. You once told me it was the most real thing you ever felt in your life.”
- “I’m not a hero. I don’t do good, it’s not in me.”
- “I’m not human. And I miss it. I miss it more than anything in the world. That is my secret.”
- “Gotta run. Have a murder to plan. Busy day.”
- “Just say that you missed me as much as I missed you.”
- “Well, your life was pathetic; your afterlife doesn’t have to be.”
- “Humanity’s not all it’s cracked up to be.”
- “I wanted to feel something again. And when I decided to come back home, it all came rushing back, just like I hoped it would.”
- “There’s no such thing as bad ideas, just poorly executed awesome ideas.”
- “If you’re gonna be maudlin, I’m gonna kill you myself. Just to put me out of your misery.”
- “Damon, leather and silk and fine chiseled features. Mercurial and devastating.”
- “We both know the closest you’ll ever get to humanity is when you rip it open and feed on it.”
- “Don’t mistake the fact that we haven’t set you on fire in your sleep for trust.”
- “I will shove this ring so far up your ass, you’ll really have something to choke on.”
- “See, I don’t mind being the bad guy. Because somebody has to fill that role and get things done. You do bad things for no reason. You do them to be a dick.”
- “You know what would make me happy? That whatever you felt for me was actually real!”
- “I can’t be what other people want me to be.”
- “Hello, brother,” Stefan says. damon salvatore rule 34
- “But you wouldn’t be!” says Elena. And you would have had the opportunity to grow up and live the life you wanted, the life you earned. And I know I didn’t always get it, but I do now, and I wanted it for you, Elena, and I would have gladly given it to you and let Matt die if I wasn’t so selfish. But you already knew that. You don’t remember everything about the first night we met. “
- “Happy Birthday, Elena,” I wish her. Stefan assassinated Andie. Cake?”
- “What’s your great goal, Elena?” I ask. Huh? “Are you going to walk past a werewolf campfire, toast a marshmallow, and wait for Stefan to come by?”
- “I want you to remember the feelings you felt while he was gone when I took my brother back from the edge and delivered him to you,” he says to Elena. Good night, Elena.
- “Then you best hope she’s not a Bambi fan,”
- “She stole my breath away,” Stefan said. Elena, Katherine looks exactly like her. Stefan, does it seem to be working? Being in her presence, in her world? Does it make you feel like you’re alive?
- “I was around,” Elena says. Chicago is a massive metropolis. Stefan was a braggart and a ripping douche. But I could stay away from him and still eat a few Daisy Buchanans.”
- “Gloria,” he says. Damn! I would have stayed if I had known you were going to age like this.”
Damon Salvatore’s Rule 34
Damon Salvator is one of the most known rules in the show. This rule means that if something exists, you can make adult movies out of it. Damon Salvatore’s Rule 34 says that “If it exists, there is p**n of it.” There will be no exceptions. According to this guideline.”
Abilities In The Vampire Diaries
Here are some of the
- Super Strength
- Super Speed
- Super Senses
- Mental Manipulation
- Energy Manipulation
Damon Salvatore Hot Scenes
Here are some of the hottest scenes:
Do you think we missed out on anything important about Damon Salvatore? Let us know what we missed out about him by leaving a comment in the comments section below so we can add it right away!